Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
The Chicago Cultural Alliance is an active consortium of over 40 Chicago-area cultural heritage museums, centers, and historical societies, and 20 Partner museums, educational institutions, and arts organizations across the Chicago region. Our mission is to connect, promote, and support centers of cultural heritage for a more inclusive Chicago. Our vision is a city where all communities have a voice, and cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration are an integral part of Chicago’s civic fabric. The Alliance’s programming and services celebrate diversity, preserve history, and honor tradition while amplifying cross-cultural collaboration through equitable structures that encourage capacity building. To see more about our history and core values visit www.chicagoculturalalliance.org/
Chicago Cultural Alliance is looking to hire a Marketing & Communications Manager to join the team and help elevate the presence of the organization and our diverse membership with audiences and supporters across the region. The Manager should be an independent, detail-oriented, creative thinker with exceptional writing skills, the ability to represent the mission through storytelling, and the organizational skills necessary to understand the Alliance’s audience and donor demographics and relationships to assist in making key organizational decisions.
This role will be managed by the Executive Director and work in collaboration with the Alliance program and membership staff to shape and implement the marketing strategy and plan and support fundraising initiatives with the ED.
- Plan and implement all aspects of marketing for a small nonprofit. Align marketing materials across channels. Preserve and promote the Chicago Cultural Alliance brand. Develop communications calendar and write all communications, collaborating with designers to create digital and print materials.
- Consult and create content for Core Members on specific collaborative programs. Advise membership and facilitate workshops on marketing strategies. Develop marketing-related workshops with consultants and vendors for membership.
- Create written content and visuals for the Chicago Cultural Alliance’s website, marketing emails, and campaigns, print brochures, donor emails and cultivation materials, press releases, and community outreach. Develop email campaigns in MailChimp, segment audience lists, import contacts, and analyze open and click-through rates.
- Update and maintain website written content. Develop a strategy for refreshing content, and working with the Alliance’s website firm, improving navigation, implementing accessibility standards, increasing traffic to the site, and SEO.
- Assist with the development of some fundraising communications including but not limited to the Cultural Around the City newsletter, the annual report, and MOSAIC Gala materials.
- Creatively promote Chicago Cultural Alliance events, services, programs, and community opportunities. Develop print materials including flyers, posters, and invites.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy across all channels, following necessary sector tastemakers, and developing social relationships across platforms.
- Monitor, evaluate, and utilize data to determine strategy. Identify trends and provide recommendations for new ways to promote the Chicago Cultural Alliance’s brand and mission.
- Design sponsorship packets, proposals, and reports for foundations and corporate sponsors
- At least 4 years in the marketing & communications or digital strategy fields
- Passionate about developing relationships, whether in person or digitally
- Mission-driven and excited to use skills to help grow a small nonprofit
- Ability to perform routine analyses of data to drive marketing decisions
- Effective communicator, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Experience with MailChimp, CRM’s and WordPress or another website builder
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Canva
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and present solution-oriented ideas
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and take ownership of the job
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, ability to maintain a high level of follow-through and confidentiality
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references to [email protected] with “Marketing & Communications Manager” as the subject. Only complete applications will be reviewed.