100 S State St, 4th Floor, Chicago IL 60603
Part-time, 20-24 hrs/week
The Chicago Cultural Alliance is an active consortium of 40 Chicago-area cultural heritage museums, centers and historical societies, and 20 Partner museums, educational institutions and arts organization across the Chicago region. Our mission is to connect, promote, and support centers of cultural heritage for a more inclusive Chicago. Our vision is a city where all communities have a voice, and cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration are an integral part of Chicago’s civic fabric.
The Alliance’s programming and services celebrate diversity, preserve history, and honor tradition while amplifying cross-cultural collaboration through equitable structures that encourage capacity building. To see more about our history and core values visit www.chicagoculturalalliance.org/about/.
Chicago Cultural Alliance is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator to join the team and help elevate the digital, print and social presence of the organization and our diverse membership. The Marketing Coordinator should be a content-oriented, creative thinker with exceptional writing skills, the ability to represent mission through storytelling and the organizational skills necessary to understand the Alliance’s audience and marketing demographics to assist in making key marketing decisions. This role will be managed by the Executive Director and work in collaboration with Alliance program and membership staff to shape marketing strategy and plan, as well as execute all of the day-to day tasks required to grow the Chicago Cultural Alliance brand and further the mission through digital channels and social media.
- Plan and implement all aspects of marketing for a small nonprofit. Align marketing materials across channels. Preserve and promote Chicago Cultural Alliance brand. Develop communications calendar and write all communications, collaborating with designer to create digital and print materials.
- Create written content and visuals for Chicago Cultural Alliance’s website, marketing emails and campaigns, print brochures, donor emails and cultivation materials, press releases, and community outreach.
- Develop email campaigns in MailChimp, segment audience lists, import contacts, and analyze open and click through rates.
- Update and maintain website written content. Develop strategy for refreshing content, and working with the Alliance’s website firm, improving navigation, implementing accessibility standards, increasing traffic to the site and SEO.
- Assist with the development of some fundraising communications including but not limited to the Cultural Allyship newsletter for donors, the annual report, and MOSAIC Gala materials.
- Creatively promote Chicago Cultural Alliance events, services, programs, and community opportunities. Develop print materials including flyers, posters, and invites. – Develop and implement social media strategy across all channels with posts happening at least 4 times a week, following necessary sector tastemakers and developing social relationships across platforms.
- Monitor, evaluate, and utilize data to determine strategy. Identify trends and provide recommendations for new ways to promote Chicago Cultural Alliance’s brand and mission.
- 2-5 years in the marketing and communications field
- Passionate about digital media and the marketing landscape
- Mission driven and excited to use skills to help grow a small nonprofit
- Ability to perform routine analyses of data to drive marketing decisions
- Effective communicator, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with MailChimp, CRM’s and word press a plus
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and present solution oriented ideas
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by January 27th.