Digital Marketing Intern
Reports to: Executive Director and Marketing Manager
Time Commitment: 24 hrs./week, some evening or weekend support may be needed for programming and special events. Exact schedule based on intern availability.
About Us: The Chicago Cultural Alliance’s mission is to connect, promote, and support centers of cultural heritage for a more inclusive Chicago. We are an active consortium of 40 Chicago-area cultural heritage museums, centers and historical societies who span 28 neighborhoods and 7 suburbs in the Chicago area and represent over 30 different cultures from around the world.
About the Internship: The Digital Marketing Intern will gain valuable non-profit management experience through direct involvement in the planning and coordination of the Chicago Cultural Alliance’s programs and events at our various member sites in the neighborhoods of Chicago. The internship will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including will event planning and coordination, member relations and collaborations, program management, and marketing.
What you will learn:
- Support Marketing Manager with daily operations including member inquiries, meeting scheduling and preparation as well as clerical duties (filing, copying, mailing).
- Attend staff and board meetings, and assist in public programs when necessary.
- Assist in ensuring that pages on the company website are updated and accurate
- Assist in the creation and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Conduct best practice research to identify opportunities for email marketing campaigns
- Identify, initiate, and execute promotional opportunities
- Assist with social media management for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Assist other members of the Administration team as assigned
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program, with focus in marketing, communications, museum studies, sociology, anthropology, human and civil rights, or other social sciences preferred.
- Experience with Adobe a plus
- Highly detail oriented and organized with ability to work independently and creatively.
- Outgoing personality with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skills (phone, email, and in person).
- Strong work ethic with sensitivity to confidential information.
The Chicago Cultural Alliance values interns who are self-starters and share our vision of a making a Chicago a city where all communities have a voice, and cross cultural dialogue and collaboration are an integral part of Chicago’s civic fabric.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and three (3) references to email@example.com with “Marketing Intern” as the subject. Only complete applications will be reviewed.