CCA Partner Member The Peace School is launching a photo campaign to celebrate the beauty of all people and cultures in the 77 Community Areas of Chicago, and they are asking their fellow Members of the Alliance for help! Their goal is to spread peace and love by getting to know and understand each other better as we support positive actions for peace. They thought of you because they want to promote people, groups and businesses that are making their neighborhood a better place to live. (That is DEFINITELY the Members of the Alliance!)
It is easy to participate! Go to a place you love in your community and take a photo with your message of peace. You’ll find details and sample photos below. Your photo will become part of the Peace in Chicago Call to Peace series on social media, featuring one Community Area each day.
Here’s an example from the Swedish American Museum of Chicago, who already submitted their photo, and Ben from the Chinese American Museum of Chicago is the cover image for this post!
Here’s how to participate:
· Make a sign that says: Peace in [community area]
· Take a photo with the sign – here are some samples and ideas:
Celebrate something positive in your community:
· Your photo location could be on your own block or in front of a park, community garden, museum, school, public mural, community center, shop, restaurant… pick a spot in your Community Area you’d like to highlight. (This is a great way to represent your own cultural center or museum if you’d like!)
· Your photo can include one person or you can gather your family, neighbors, coworkers or members of your local organization. Please make sure that everyone in the photo gives permission for the image to be shared (including parent or guardian of children).
· Your sign can be on a piece of paper or on a large poster. It can be simple or artistic. Keep in mind that you’ll want the sign’s message to show up well in your photo.
More about Community Areas:
· Use this link for a map of Chicago’s 77 Community Areas. https://bit.ly/35Z49QW
· Type in the name of your Community Area in the search box on top left and it will take you to an enlarged map of your Community Area.
Share your photo with the Peace School:
1. Send your photo as an email attachment to: [email protected]
2. Important! Include a statement in your email giving us permission to share the photo on social media.
3. Feel free to send us your Instagram and FACEBOOK @ handle so we can tag you when it’s time for your photo to be posted in the series. Then please share!
4. You can also send us @ handles of other places in your Community Area you’d like us to tag.
It would mean a lot to have you participate in this special Peace in Chicago Call to Peace as we celebrate The Peace School’s 50th Anniversary in Chicago. Email Lydia Howe with questions at [email protected]. Together, let’s plant seeds of peace in Chicago and the world.
The Cultural Grants team seeks Chicago-area individuals to serve as grant application reviewers. Candidates must have arts and culture experience and be available for approximately 40 hours over several weeks. There is compensation for service. The application takes about 10 minutes to complete. You can help decide what arts and culture projects receive grants from DCASE!
To apply, please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/655BL7Z
Brookfield Zoo tickets are here!
Here’s what you need to know:
We have a limited number of tickets, so to ensure that all Core Members have the ability to access this Member Benefit, we are giving out the Zoo tickets in two rounds this time. From now until August 5, 2022 all Core Members are allowed to request up to 200 tickets. If there are any tickets left, the second round of tickets will be open to all members (including Partner Members) on a first come, first serve basis. This will be announced on August 5, 2022 during the August Town Hall.
EDIT JULY 1: Thanks to many Members responding very quickly to our initial post, we are able to release ALL remaining Brookfield Zoo tickets ahead of schedule. Any Member (Core or Partner) may request any amount of zoo tickets, and they will be distributed on a first come, first served basis until they are gone.
Please contact Abby Foss at [email protected] to request your tickets.
The goal of the Brookfield Pass Program is to provide free access for Core Member communities to Brookfield Zoo. Please make sure to keep the follow Guidelines and Information in mind when requesting and distributing your tickets:
Information about the tickets
- Each ticket provides free admission to Brookfield Zoo for one adult or one child
- Tickets do not include free parking or admission to special exhibits
- Tickets expire on March 31, 2023
- Zoo tickets are a Member Benefit, so a Member must be current on dues for 2022 to receive tickets. (If you cannot pay dues now or must pay in installments, that can be arranged.)
- Any promotion of the program should include recognition of Chicago Cultural Alliance and Brookfield Zoo.
- Core Members are the responsible party for distributing the zoo tickets to their community by allowing 4 tickets per family.
- Zoo tickets are not allowed to be distributed in bulk to organizations unaffiliated with the Chicago Cultural Alliance.
- We expect Core Members to distribute tickets in such a way that they are not available for someone to sell illegally.
It’s time to start thinking about Journey Chicago, our annual festival of intercultural events hosted by you, our Members! Journey Chicago will take place throughout October 2022. Journey Chicago strengthens our mission by promoting our Members to a large audience, fostering cross-cultural dialogue, and supporting our Members with micro-grants for their events. Guidelines and Information for full instructions on the event and how to participate. Here are the main dates to watch out for to apply for Journey Chicago this year: Initial Program Proposal Due: July 15, 2022Final Program Proposal Information Form & Budget Due: August 15, 2022Email our Programs Coordinator, Abby Foss at [email protected] with questions or come to today’s Town Hall to learn more.
Check out our